December 27, 2012

12 in '12 Linky


I am linking up to share my 12 in '12 

Favorite movie you watched: This year it had to be Hunger Games. I LOVED reading this series and even convinced my non reading husband to read them. Guess what? He read all 3 books in about 5 days! Guess he liked them too :) It was fun to go see the movie together!


Favorite TV series: Have I mentioned I am an adult stuck in a 13-year olds mind? I love Vampire Diaries. All sorts of drama with some serious eye candy. Yum.



Favorite restaurant: Melting Pot. You can't go wrong with melted cheese or melted chocolate. mmmmm mouth watering deliciousness. 

Favorite new thing you tried: creating items for my classroom! I continue to learn so much about creating school things and I love that is allows me to be "crafty" while making useful products.  Here is my best seller - multiplication bump and scoot.


 Favorite gift you got: My Nook~ I love to read but hardly ever would want to go to the store and spend money on books. I never knew what to do with them when I was finished b/c I can't stand having clutter. I have been reading SO much more and reading different genres because it is so simple!

Favorite thing you pinned: like everyone else I have WAY too many pins to pick one favorite but when I saw this one I literally laughed out loud. I can totally relate. I am pretty crafty (if I do say so myself) but lots of the time I feel like this after a project!

 Favorite blog post: I am still very new at this and this one did not get the most "traffic" but I worked really hard to create a product for one of my favorite teaching ideas. My kids LOVE being the traveling scientist and I love seeing what they learn at home with their family. 
blog post here

Best accomplishment
Not really sure about this one. I guess I would have to say I am proud of being the kind of person who can roll with the punches and make the most of each situation (there may be some internal complaining) I went from having an awesome teaching partner and teaching 3rd grade math/science, to being a kindergarten teacher, to being a 3rd grade self-contained teacher in about 1 week. Stressful. Challenging. But I am doing it with a smile on my face (most days) !

 Favorite picture: Too many to choose from! Here is a family picture we took this month

Favorite memory: Again, there are too many to pick from! I enjoy all the time spent with family and there are lots of wonderful memories around those times. Especially time spent with the grandparents - I really value that time. Growing up, I was with my grandparents all the time and it makes me sad our kids live so far away from theirs. So when we do get together, it is very special. Here are some pictures from an animal safari we went on this summer with the grandparents. 


Goal for 2013:
Be more organized at school and home, start using data binders with my class and the ever popular, exercise more!

 One Little Word: breathe
Sometimes, when school gets crazy and my house is a mess and my kids are driving my nuts, I need to remember to just breathe. In light of the Sandy Hook tragedy, I need to keep things in perspective and realize that I am beyond blessed even when my house is a mess and the kids are "perfect"

I wish you and your family peace and joy and a happy, healthy new year.  



No comments:

Post a Comment